The next big thing is active wear for your face.
Who says you can’t look flawless while working out? Rock the gym with primers, waterproof mascara, tinted lip balms, BB creams and breathable foundations that don’t come with a side of skin guilt.
The aim of sports-luxe makeup is for it to look minimal, not mask-like. Start with a primer to smooth out uneven tone and help keep sweat and shine at bay. “Not to prime is a crime, especially when it comes to sweat-proofing your look,” says Napoleon Perdis. “Look for primers that mattify the skin as this means you can avoid a heavy makeup look with excessive touch ups.”
Keep foundation to a minimum – BB and CC creams are great at multi-tasking, combining skincare benefits with a hint of tint. For the eyes, keep it sweat-resistant. Smudge-proof gel eyeliners and waterproof mascaras will have you looking strong and sexy without the panda eyes.
Who says you don’t have to look prepped and polished while you workout?
Check out our picks below!
1. MaxFactor False Lash Effect, $24.95. For full lashes that won’t sweat off, this waterproof mascara creates a false lash effect without stickiness or clumping.
2. Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot BBB Cream SPF30, $59. Beauty boosting balm that combines an HD foundation, anti-ageing moisturiser and 30+ sunscreen.
3. Revlon Kiss Balm, $8. Hydrating natural fruit oils in a sheer juicy colour with SPF 20.
4. Lycogel Breathable Camouflage, $98. Ultimate breathable foundation that can be layered to camouflage a whole host of skin gripes (it can even be used on post laser and eczema-and blemish-prone skin). What’s more, this foundation is actually good for your skin and contains a complex of 12 active ingredients that work together to deliver oxygen, moisture and nutrients to your skin.
5. asap CC Cream, $55. Combining a moisturiser, natural mineral tint and SPF15 to instantly even skin tone and diminish redness without the heaviness of a traditional foundation.
6. asap Pure Mineral Makeup SPF15, $45. A buildable natural mineral foundation ideal for gym or outdoors, this breathable coverage contains hyaluronic acid microspheres to help increase hydration and ‘fill in’ fine lines.
7. Physicians Formula BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Foundation, $25.95. Super blendable and lightweight BB and foundation hybrid that will last well beyond your workout.
8. Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Tinted Lip Balm in Tulip, $29. Moisturises, hydrates and protects lips while adding a hint of colour and sheen.
9. ELES Age Defying BB Cream 30, $52. Camouflaging enough to be worn alone, this is truly a multi-tasking wonder product that acts as a sunscreen, moisturiser, primer, tinted foundation and anti-ageing serum.
10. Revlon Photoready BB Cream, $25. This beauty balm hydrates like a moisturiser, smooths like a primer, covers like a foundation and blurs like a concealer. #winning
11. Trilogy Hydrating Mist Toner, $26.95. Restore and revitalise skin and cool down after
an intensive workout.
12. Napoleon Perdis Personal Trainer Serum Foundation, $69. All the skin benefits of a skincare serum in a foundation – with buildable coverage and light-reflecting pigments for an ultra-natural look.
13. Youngblood CC Perfecting Primer, $54. Look fine and feel flawless with this peptide-enriched CC cream – lightweight coverage with a satin-matte finish that stays put.