Make sure your look is always on point no matter where you’re going with these life-changing makeup hacks that will have you wondering how you ever lived without them.
1. Turn your pencil eyeliner into gel eyeliner
Put that wallet away! You can turn pencil eyeliner into a gel formula with the help of a match or lighter. Simply hold your kohl eye pencil under the flame for one second, let it cool down for 15 seconds and voila! Glide on your new gel eyeliner for an intense smudge. It goes without saying, make sure the eyeliner is cool before you apply it to your eye!
2. Cover your eyelid with white liner to make any eyeshadow pop
Make your eyeshadow appear more colourful by running a white eye pencil over your entire lid. This will immediately intensify any eyeshadow shade and make it pop.
3. Use a spoon to create the perfect winged eyeliner
Winged eyeliner is the bane of every girl’s existence. It can take a hundred attempts and it can still look uneven. Who would have thought a spoon would be your new best friend? Hold the stem of the spoon against the outer corner of your eye and draw a straight line. Flip the spoon so it’s hugging your eyelid, and use the rounder outer edge to create a perfect cat-eye.
4. Dust translucent powder in between coating mascara to plump up your lashes
Get ready to bat those long, luscious lashes with a sweep of powder in between your mascara application. Move over eyelash extensions!
5. Conceal dark circles by creating an upside down triangle under your eye
Dotting is so last year! The best way to apply under-eye concealer is to apply it in a triangular formation with the base of the triangle under your lash line. This helps create the illusion that your face is lifted, as the brightest point is the most intense under your eye.
6. Warm your eyelash curler with a hairdryer so your lashes curl easier
Forget the fake lashes; blow some hot air on your eyelash curler to help your lashes curl easier (the same way as a curling iron). Make sure you wait until your eyelash curler cools down slightly to avoid burning your eyelid! Ain’t nobody got time for that.
7. Make contouring natural by using a brush to find your cheekbone
Contouring can be difficult. The easiest way to approach it is to use your eyeliner pencil, or even makeup brush handle, and place it directly below your cheekbone to get the right angle.
8. Draw a hashtag on the outer corner of your eyelid to create the perfect smokey eye
With your eyeliner, draw a slanted hashtag at the corner of each eye. Blend it in with the rest of your eye makeup. Ta-dah! A perfect smokey eye without a lot of work. #Winning.
9. Lay a tissue over your mouth and dust translucent powder over it to set the colour
An oldie, but a goodie! For full long-lasting colour, swipe on your lip shade and then lay a tissue across your lips. Dust translucent powder on to make the colour set so it lasts longer.
10. Create the perfect Cupid’s bow by marking an “X” on your upper lip
Make your Cupid’s bow look perfect by using your lip liner (same shade as your lipstick) to draw an ‘X’ on your upper lip. Apply your lipstick, using the ‘X’ as a guide and you will have the perfect pout.