While we all look pretty darn flawless under a good Snapchat filter, let’s face it – some days we need a little bit of assistance!
Nobody is absolutely flawless; we all need a bit of help! That’s why it’s key to know how to fake it – whether you’re getting ready for a night out or on your way to work.
Feeling flawless makes you feel good, and feeling good about the way you look has been shown to boost your mood. Experts believe there is a strong link between an increase in a woman’s self-confidence and her looks. One Japanese study even suggests wearing makeup can change a woman’s brain chemistry, making her feel more powerful and assertive.
With the calibre of skin-perfecting and colour-correcting beauty products at our fingertips, the art of faking flawless has well and truly entered its prime.
Best base forward
We don’t need to tell you that skin is in. It’s all about that dewy glow, contoured cheekbones and smooth bronzed skin. But it isn’t as easy to master as it looks. Or is it?
If your foundation has a way of making its existence very apparent, we’re thinking it’s time to up the buff. Look for foundation that makes your skin moist, radiant and helps even out skin tone.
Mix a loose and shimmery golden eyeshadow into your foundation for dewy, luminous skin
Only use one or two products under your foundation – adding too many can make skin oily and your complexion cakey. We recommend using a water-based moisturiser with sunscreen, a primer to prep and then patting on a thin layer of lightweight foundation. Set with a mineral powder and moisture-boosting setting mist for a photo-ready finish that lasts.
1. Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish Powder Foundation, $69. A truly brilliant base, this is one you can’t leave home without! Packed with powerful antioxidants and vitamins, this gorgeous compact will have you looking photo-ready all day, everyday.
2. Napoleon Perdis Foundation Stick, $69. This will be one you’ll want to stick to. Offering minimal to maximum coverage, this pocket-friendly foundation also doubles as a camouflage agent for dark circles and red spots.
3. ASAP Pure Skin Perfecting Mineral Foundation, $65. A foundation that actually improves your skin health? It’s a thing. Say hello to this lightweight, long-lasting formula that glides over pores and fine lines for a smooth, natural finish.
4. Dermalogica Hydrablur Primer, $70. This non-greasy godsend minimises the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, hydrating your skin for a silky, luminous finish and a flawless canvas.
5. Lycogel Breathable Camouflage, $108. This lightweight, breathable camouflage combines the best in cosmetics and skincare technology, delivering a quickly absorbing product that is perfect for every skin type. It also feels incredible on your skin!
6. Colorescience Even Up, $158.40. Brighten and correct sunspots, freckles and age spots with this all-in-one tinted makeup base, which blends beautifully to all skin tones.
7. Skindinavia The Makeup Finishing Spray, $39.95. Ensure your makeup stays put with this weightless mist that locks in colour, eliminates creasing and melting and keeps your makeup flawless for up to 16 hours.
8. Youngblood Hi-Definition Hydrating Mineral Perfecting Powder, $64.95. This sheer
finishing powder will absorb excess oil and lock in moisture for a hydrated feel all day.
9. Nude by Nature Flawless Liquid Foundation, $39.95. Full of natural pigments, this new oil-free and fragrance-free formula looks and feels like a second skin. Perfect for an even, matte finish.
10. Olay Total Effects Touch of Foundation BB Crème, $32.99. This all-in-one product offers a double punch against the seven signs of ageing, delivering long-term
anti-ageing benefits and immediate flawless radiance.
In a spot of bother?
Camouflage pesky pimples and cover signs of redness with PÜR Disappearing Ink, $32. This skin-perfecting concealer is the ultimate complexion quick fix! It brightens the appearance of dark circles, blurs the look of blemishes and wakes up tired-looking eyes.
Glo Minerals also has a great concealer by the name of Luxe Liquid Bright Concealer, $65, which is completely customisable to any skin tone. It instantly works to brighten and cancel out redness, masking imperfections for a more radiant and flawless complexion.
Another one of our faves is the Colorescience Mineral Corrector Palette, $79.20. This skincare staple has got you covered – it’s an all-in-one camouflage for blemishes, dark circles and redness.
Flawless contouring has never been easier! The PÜR Cameo Contour Stick, $39.50, allows you to add depth and dimension to your natural features with a beautifully creamy formula that sets to a picture-perfect powder finish. Eat your heart out, Kim K!
Tackle cracked lips
There ain’t nothing flawless about dry, cracked lips. Beautifully soft and hydrated lips are essential for a flawless face. Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Lip Service, $28, conditions and repairs with Vitamin E, while protecting and nourishing the lips so they stay hydrated and colours last longer. For a statement lip, team it with Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Tinted Lip Balm, $29, for a pretty hint of sheer, shiny colour.
False eyelashes are the fairy godmothers of the beauty world, instantly adding a touch of glam to any look. You can never go wrong with a pair of kick-ass red carpet lashes from Napoleon Perdis, $20.
There’s no better way to frame the eyes than a killer set of brows. Benefit BrowVo! Conditioning Primer, $49, is a little bit of magic in a pen. It is a nutrient rich primer that both conditions and primes the brows so they instantly look fuller, thicker and healthier.